Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Sprouts Salad Recipe for Kids with Sprouted Lentil

                               Yesterday I got a chance to go to a library. My intention was to engage my kid over there, to avoid her boredom. But, I found my mind completely refreshed after I went there. Lots of books, lots of kids, lots of people and many new activities. When I was gazing through a book, I found food for kids, food for 20's, food for 30 & 40's, food for 50's and so on. Sprouts is the one item which falls almost in all categories.

                            While making this Sprouts salad recipe, I crumbled some potato chips along with the sprouted lentils, boiled peanuts and some veges. The taste turned to be better. From then I have started adding chips of some sort to the sprouts salad.





Prep time 15 mins (regardless of sprouting of beans)
Cooking time Nil


Ingredients
1 cup Sprouted Lentil / Sprouted Mung Beans.

1/2 - 3/4 cup Peanuts (Boiled)
1/2 cup Potato Chips (Crumbled)
Onion Big (Chopped)

Tomato (Chopped)
1 tsp Pepper Powder(optional)

1 tbsp Cilantro(Chopped)
As per Taste Salt


Procedure
  1. Sprouting of Moong beans is the first step.
  2. Then boil the raw peanuts for 5-6 whistles in pressure cooker.
  3. Crumble the potato chips. Chop the onion, tomato, cilantro and set aside.
  4. Now mix all the above ingredients, add salt and pepper as per taste.
  5. Sprouts salad is ready. 
                          Note:
  • You can add lemon juice if needed.
  • 1 tsp of chat masala can also be added. It gives a good flavor and taste.
  • You can add the chips you wish to add. As potato chips are tender I prefer adding them.
  • You can also add the roasted peanuts, will end in different taste.



No comments:

Post a Comment