Monday, October 27, 2014

Sweet Corn Tikki Patties Recipe /Corn Cutlet /Sweet Corn Croquette

                           My memories with sweet corn. I got to know about sweet corn only when I started my career. My native being downtown of Tamilnadu, I found it to be surprising to see the sweet corn stalls in most of the places in Chennai. I was very eager to taste it and got a cup of hot american sweet corn from a stall in Besant Nagar Beach. The taste was good, yet not to my level of expectation (being a fan of spicy food). But still I will get hot sweet corn for my small cousin brother.



                   In the recent past I went for an exhibition in my hometown. And to my surprise I found the sweet corn stalls (even in my town). Once again kids enjoying these sweet corns. Sweet corn falls under the category of kids. But still I really wanted to try something new but spicy, and ended up with these spicy sweet corn cutlet or tikkis. One more good thing about these tikkis is tawa fry is enough, no need of deep frying. So oil conscious too can have it.



                                         
Prep Time 20 mins
Cooking Time 10 mins


Ingredients


1 cup Sweet Corn Kernels

1/2 cup Dry Breadcrumbs
Onion Big (Chopped)
2 nos Green Chillies
2 tsp Ginger Garlic Paste

1 tsp Cumin Seeds
2 tbsp Coriander Leaves, finely chopped
1/2 tsp Garam Masala
As per Taste Salt
As needed Oil

Procedure


1) First divide the corn into 3/4 cup and 1/4 cup. Keep the 1/4 cup of corn aside.


2) Put the 3/4 cup of corn, ginger garlic paste, green chillies, cumin seeds in a mixer grinder/ blender and blend it. Need not add water, as corn itself will be watery.


   

3) Then add bread crumbs and salt along with the blended mix.


4) Meanwhile in a kadai, saute the chopped onion and add it along with the above mix. Partial sauting of onions is enough.


   


5) Add the remaining 1/4 cup of corn, garam masala powder and mix well.

6) Take small portions of the above mix, pat it and tawa fry them.

7) While frying you can add little oil/ butter to the sides of the patties.

                      Note:

  • Adding of onions is optional.
  • You can also add rice flour, if the corn mix is too watery.


                  Less oil, healthy, kids loving sweet corn tikkis/ cutlet is ready.





No comments:

Post a Comment