Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Prawn Fry Goan Style / Shrimp Chilli Fry

                            Recollecting my childhood days, I was not a huge fan of prawn. But my mother insisted me to have prawns, saying Vadai(an South Indian fritter), because as we cook it, it tends to turn round. My mother always gave us these prawns (in various recipes), because of its high protein content.  
                           
 
               Yet, I used to think how come, I ran away from these prawn when I was kid. For any non-vegetarian, prawn usually would be under the first favorite zone. Prawn has high protein source with less fat. They have good source of vitamin B6, B12 and niacin. They have sufficient amount of iron and selenium. 

                                This great recipe from my friend, Prawn Goan fry is a very simple and suitable for cooking beginners even. Yet the taste would be lip smacking. Ingredients for this fry is too simple. No onion or garlic used, just chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt. Added little oil for frying; that's it. This yummilicious fry would go with either roti, rice, idli, dosa and so on. I just loved it along with rice and rasam.

Prep Time 10-15 mins (includes marinating time)
Cooking Time 10 mins


Ingredients

1 cup Prawn (spine removed and cleaned)
2-3 tsp Chilli Powder
1 tsp Turmeric powder
As per taste Salt
As needed Oil (For Shallow Frying)


Procedure
1. Clean the prawn removing the spine and wash thoroughly. Then add the turmeric powder, chilli powder and salt. Mix well and let it marinate for 10-15 minutes.

2. Then heat the pan, with little oil as for shallow frying. Keep the heat in low position. When the oil turns hot, add the prawn and fry them. Turning to the both sides. Wait for the prawn to turn orange brown color. Hence done.  

                          Note:
  • Heat should be low as we are doing shallow frying. 
  • You can garnish with coriander leaves.
  • Green chutney and prawn fry was a heavenly combo.
                                I just relished this dish with rice and rasam poured on to it. I had it as such also.


1 comment:

  1. Fantastic Ones..!! Will Try this for sure. I also tried Making Prawn Pickle my self by reading a like this.

    ReplyDelete